How do I care for my polymer clay earrings?
- Check the “Care Tips” page for instructions.
Are these earrings heavy?
- Polymer clay is an exceptionally light medium! Most earrings in their packaging weigh only 1-3 oz.
- Pairs with a number of brass accents, like the Demi’s, are heavier and might be too much for very sensitive ears.
Are your earrings hypoallergenic?
- Yes! While there may be raw brass accents, all earrings posts are stainless steel and nickel-free and should be suitable for sensitive ears.
My earrings are here and they don’t look exactly like the picture?
- As with all handmade items, you should expect minor differences. No two clay slabs are exactly the same - especially when techniques such as Howlite, Turquoise, or Marbling are used. I simply cannot photograph and sell each individual pair - variety is the spice of life though!
Can you complete custom requests?
- Absolutely! At this time, I’m happy to accommodate as many custom requests or restock requests as I can. So if you love a pair that sold out (I usually only make 1-3 styles per pair), you can always reach out and request another. Or, if you love an earring shape but want it in another color, I love trying to accommodate those requests as well. If you prefer silver tones, I also have silver hoops and jump rings.
- I will not complete custom requests for recreations of other clay makers jewelry. You should just buy it from them!
Do you offer clip-ons or converters for non-pierced ears?
- I do have clip on pieces that I could attach in a custom order. I’m also looking into sourcing quality clip on converters for already completed pairs. Please reach out if you’d like to talk more about this!
How long does it take you to make a pair?
- I work in batches so it’s hard to time it exactly but between conditioning and color mixing, rolling and cutting, baking, then sanding and drilling, assembling, quality checking and photographing all before listing them... it’s quite a bit of time ~ between 1-2 hours depending on the style.
How do you choose your prices?
- Verrry carefully. I spend hours (literally) grueling over how to price items and dealing with imposter syndrome. It comes down to a formula which considers overhead costs, time spent on a pair and cost of materials (clay, metal findings, added brass or beading).
Why do you charge for shipping?
- I used to include shipping in the price of my earrings. However, I had many wonderful customers ordering more than one pair at a time and it felt wrong to double charge shipping costs. Honestly, it’s just simpler now to not include it in the price and add it on at checkout. I do offer free shipping over $40 though.
I’m in Richmond, can I pick up my earrings in person?
- Yes! At this time, I’m happy to meet you (at a safe distance) and give you your earrings. If you’re within a 15 mile radius of my workplace, you will be able to complete “Local Delivery” at checkout. Then you can contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a pick-up/drop-off. If you select local delivery at checkout, you wont be charged for shipping. If you’re local and you’d rather have them shipped, just checkout as usual with standard shipping. If you choose local pickup-drop off and you are not local, I’ll have to charge you shipping before sending your purchased product.
When will I receive my order?
- Expect 2-4 business days for processing. I’m a full time teacher and a graduate student so daily trips to the post office aren’t easy on my schedule. Once your item is dropped at the post office, you should get an anticipated arrival date - that is entirely depending on the mail carrier.
Can I return my earrings once they’ve shipped?
- For hygienic reasons, I can’t accept returns on earrings. Please ask questions about size, color, etc. if anything is unclear in the listing details. I won’t be able to accommodate returns for earrings that have arrived and you don’t like. HOWEVER, if your earrings are damaged upon arrival (broken, unwearable, scratched, bent) reach out with photos and we can reach an agreement to your liking - ie. replacement, refund, or credit. Handmade items often have minor imperfections or defects because they are made by an imperfect human - such imperfections don’t qualify as damages.
Can I cancel my order?
- If you want to cancel your order, reach out as soon as possible so I can accommodate the cancellation. Once a package has been shipped, I won’t be able to refund you.
All information above stems from my shop Policies.